Re: Straight from the Horse's Mouth

In article <38A34733.12FCF656@tig.com.au> Tony Gatt <baulko@tig.com.au> writes:
>From: Tony Gatt <baulko@tig.com.au>
>Subject: Re: Straight from the Horse's Mouth
>Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:18:11 +1100

>It was an interesting decision of the GSR chairman to request full
>publication. IMO, it just made GSR look worse after reading the initial mail
>from Andrew.

>(Again reply quoted in full)

I read the CEOs response and frankly , although being a rail fan Im not keen
to see the Overland go,but we rail fans have to WAKE UP.
In the commercial world, enterprises that lose money have to go.
GSR arnt a public service obliged to run unprofitable train services.
They also arnt required to spend buckets of money advertising to try and make
the Overland a goer.
Anyone who thinks that they acn do a better job is perfectly free to step in
when GSR pulls out.
Cant see many takers though.

MD