Re: [NSW] M set seating capacity

Wouldn't you know it, my copy of Network (rather old) that refers "the
gondola section of double deck cars" is still sitting in a bloody box
(amongst many other bloody boxes) after my last move.

Is it called the gondola section because its flat bottomed, perhaps because
its "suspended" "between" the bogies - both would be consistent with certain
dictionary definitions.

The Concise Oxford Dictionary is about as much use for gondola as for saloon
unfortunately and the Macquarie Dictionary is in another of those damn
boxes.

So in the time honoured tradition of never letting an issue die, is it the
saloon section or the saloons section as there are two saloons?

Yours in pedantry

Chris

38A09E4C.2034594B@fastlink.com.au">news:38A09E4C.2034594B@fastlink.com.au...