Re: Why does my train do this?

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000 07:57:33 +1100, "Dave Proctor"
<thadocta@spambait.dingoblue.net.au> wrote:

>Peter Shute wrote in message ...
>>Often my morning train (St Albans to F.St via loop) stops a couple of
>>carriages short at North Melb (platform 3), waits about a minute, then
>>moves up. Why? Any ideas?
>
>Perhaps because the platform is occupied by another train?

I obviously haven't explained properly. Everyone has assumed that I
meant it stopped a couple of carriages short of the start of the
platform.

I meant that it enters North Melbourne, but stops a couple of carriage
lengths short of where it normally would. It sits there for a minute
or so, with people inside the train and on the platform trying to
force the doors because they think the driver has forgotten to release
them. The driver says over the PA "please don't try to open the doors
until I move up". Then he moves up and releases the doors.

This happens at least once a fortnight. I can't imagine why this is
necessary.

Any more ideas?
Peter Shute