Re: SLR - more avertising

On 4 Feb 2000 04:54:22 GMT, matthew@mail.usyd.edu.au (Matthew Geier)
wrote:

> Orange Communications may be the shortest lived livery yet. I saw 2107
>in the depot this afternoon bearing Russell Athletic avertising. 3 weeks
>ago it was orange. The orange black livery was quite striking..
>
> Runners up would be the Pentum III job, and the '98 festival of Sydney.
>
> Wentworth Park almost has its 2nd platform. Pity the camera batteries
>decided to die on me.
>
> Also on the viaduct was an excavator, a hi-rail equiped truck and some
>track machine of a type i've never seen before, It wasnt much more than
>a motorised flat wagon, with ramps on one end, and a small cab and small
>crane on the other.

This sounds similar to a vehicle used in the NZ Main Trunk
electrification - it was used to carry concrete mixing road trucks to
sites away from road access. The trucks loaded and unloaded at a
convenient level crossing and went back to the batching plant to
refill.

Len Chisholm.
l.chisholm@paradise.net.nz