Track Possession (was SRA Detonators)

On Sun, 1 Feb 2000 18:33:27, "Robert Parnell"
<rparnell@netspace.net.au> wrote:

> The protection of a work site these
> days is slightly different to that in the past - a track possession is
> preferred, rather than to keep trains running and slowing them down.

This preference is yet another reason people prefer road over rail.
"Road possession" is restricted to very major work. The road
preference is to slow traffic, at times combined with some stop/go
lolly pop men or temporary traffic lights.

To cause the amount of disruption to road traffic by "road possession"
that is caused to rail traffic by track possession would be simply
unacceptable to the public.

Before anyone jumps on me too hard, I know there are some significant
engineering type differences between the two forms of transport. I
make the above observation purely as it appears to the average,
ordinary, Joe Blow member of the public wanting to travel from point A
to point B.

Regards,

Stephen