Re: Airport line

No, as far as I am aware.  Sooner or later they will have to come up with a
plan to replace the EE EMUs.  The Ganz Mavag units are too big for the
tunnels, although they have managed to push one car to Johnsonville after
having removed the ventilators.  Contrary to what David has said, I don't
think the Ganz Mavag units were ever ordered with the intention of running
them on the Johnsonville line.  It's not at all unusual to order equipment
that does not have universal running rights - I believe a ZBP wagon got into
difficulty in a tunnel when it strayed outside it's usual area!

Cheers
Michael

John Wayman <trecker@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
86vr6v$14c$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:86vr6v$14c$1@news1.mpx.com.au...
> Didn't they intend to close the Johnsonville line which was once the old
> main line north?

<snip>

> "David McLoughlin" <davemcl@AXE*THISiprolink.co.nz> wrote in message
> 3892279e@news.iprolink.co.nz">news:3892279e@news.iprolink.co.nz...