Re: Digital Cameras

On Sat, 05 Feb 2000 15:43:16 +0100, Andrew Price
<aprice@mail.dotcom.fr> tweaked a mouse's tail to post:

>Can anyone advise me on a replacement for my excellent twenty year-old
>German single-lens reflex camera, which has become unusable because
>the battery it uses is no longer manufactured.
>
>I had thought of purchasing a digital camera, but I was told by
>someone who bought one about a year ago that although it sufficed for
>his web-site needs, the image quality was not brilliant.
>
>Have digital cameras improved since, or would it be better investing
>the same money in yet another SLR and a slide scanner?

Check with one of the battery specialty stores. They can usually make
you up a rechargable battery in almost any configuration. While it's a
'patch' it's also less than buying all new - IF that's the only reason
for the switch.

Until the better resolution digital cameras also come with better or
interchangable lenses - 35mm is still the most versatile for the
money. The 3.5 MP Nikon 990 has only a 3:1 lens, while the image
stabilized Sony 14:1 only has 1024h resolution!

Of course - both would be nice too! <G>