Re: [QR] 2000 Class Railcars

In article <389975a4@grissom>,
  "Peter and Bronwyn Neeve" <pbneeve@powerup.com.au> wrote:
> Any idea as to what is happening to the remaining 2000 class? I reckon
they
> will become fairly collectable - sleek stainless steel body, brass
exhaust,
> big curved windscreen and the big yellow QR logo (cast?)

Big towns like Rockhampton, Cairns and Gatton campaign hard for local
rail service, if QLD government willing to fund for the service
these units might be very useful.

Most of the citytrain managers don't really like them because they have
no aircondition and automatic door, plus their age and higher
maintenance costs.(I also suspect citytrain managers prefer to have all
electric multi-units fleet)

They might be useful for supply "Travel train" service such as
Gulflander which have a off season each year for maintenance. Or to
replace the aging wooden carriages on Kuranda service.
How about shuttle service for Maryborough/Maryborough west, Bowen,
Gympie?

Cheers
James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/