Re: Tertiary concession cards

Mr. Kennett must have privatised the government printing press as well as
the railways.

I pay nothing for my orange Railways of Australia concession card and still
is able to travel at child's rate of fare (which is cheaper than the
Student/Apprentice fare).

"Sastan" <sastan@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
38954A5B.B873F4D4@tpg.com.au">news:38954A5B.B873F4D4@tpg.com.au...
> You have to pay for a concession card? I live in Sydney, but as far as I
know,
> in HS or uni there are no fees for the concession card.
>
> Bryan Cullis wrote:
>
> > Am I the only person that is outraged at the price of a normal tertiary
> > concession card in Victoria?  I sure hope not.
> >
> > A primary/secondary concession card costs $6.30 per year, yet a tertiary
> > concession card costs $155.  Tertiary students have to put up with
enormous
> > amounts of fees and charges, without having to put up with this.  I'm
> > currently living in Upwey South, but in a few weeks will be moving to
> > Warrnambool for university.  In addition to the normal uni charges, I
have
> > to pay $4800 for accommodation and over $250 for first-semester books.
Now