More Pork barrelling perhaps.

Heard on the ABC radio this morning thet the PM in his tour or regional
Australia was making statements like "if we sold the remaining 51% of
Telstra,then some of the funds might be able to be used to improve rail
infrastructure in the bush."
This was just after he got a very unpopular reception at Mt Gambier.
You can make of this what you will.

Worth pointing out also as is indicated in the latest issue of Rail2000s
magazine that we now have 3 Government commisioned Rail inquiries
all waiting for a Govt response.
Some of these inquiries like Neville and Smorgon are years old.
The latest , ie the PCs inquiry was handed to the Govt on 5th August last year.
They all say the same thing , but obviously not what the Govt wants to hear.

MD