Re: Wodonga SG Sleeper Replacemant

Freight_man <freight_man@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:86pger$r5p$1@news1.mpx.com.au...

> Sleeper replacement ratio 1 in 5 , but Colemans, who have the
> contract are also removing the dog spikes and another metal 'j' bracket,
> that I forget its name. They are replacing them with a spring flat clip
> which is placed over the  foot of the rail and secured through the top
with
> a short spike which locks under the foot of the rail. Some of these clips
> are not holding very well. Today on the Pilot I counted more than 60 clips
> unattached between the Wodonga Creek and the Albury end points at the Coal
> siding.
> I sure hope that it is faulty installation and not the clip itself.
> Installation problems can be solved.
> This clip has already been fitted between Albion and Broadford, although
the
> Pandrol clips were left where ever they were installed.

Between the down end of Somerton Loop and the down? end of Broadford loop,
there are pandrol clips, these went in at the same time as the 60kg rail
(installed by Barclay Mowlem with IIRC One Nation cash)

The TrackLok (sp?) fittings have been installed basically everywhere else on
the NE SG.  From my observation, there have been quite a few sleepers where
the dogs have been pulled out, but the TrackLok stuff hasn't been fitted,
these missed sleepers are all fairly stuffed, so I expect they will remain
that way until the next cyclic tie renewal gang sleazes thru.

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur