Re: Goodbye Overland

> What are the Adelaide Hills?  1 in 40?   The XPT negotiates 1 in 30
with no
> trouble (albeit with only 5 cars).   The XPT encounters 1 in 40s with
seven cars
> all over the place without a great deal of difficulty.

Are you sure the XPT is the solution?
I remembered couple of years ago there was an article in Railway digest
comparing the fuel effieiency and operation cost of XPT and class 81
loco haul passenger stock, XPT were found to be more costly and less
fuel effiency then class 81 with passenger stock, Since class BL built
later then most of the 81s hence maybe more fule effieicy,  would XPT
replacement be an ideal solution?

Cheers
James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/