Re: [NSW] Dorrigo (was: 6042 in south australia?)

James Brook wrote:

> Is electric locomotive 4602 really appropriate for your location especially when
> there is another example in Sydney? The DSR&M is running the risk of collecting
> way too much and not actually preserving anything at all because its doubtful
> that you have the resources to maintain and look after all of what you
> have. Also when you are 500km's from the Brisbane (which is the nearest capital
> city) how do you hope to attract enough tourists to make a huge railway museum
> viable. Something like this might have a better chance of success if it was
> closer to Sydney.
>
> --
> - James Brook -

James,

Using the analogy of Dorrigo preserving 4602, the NSWRTM should have a 13 class, and
little else! The place is a museum and geographical location has little to do with
it.

I too wish that Dorrigo would do something, although as a non member I will not be
critical of their efforts. However, at the same time I applaud the fact that one
group has conserved a wide variety of goods stock, coaching stock and private locos
and stock. Without their efforts there would be far less in existance, including the
only superheated 50 class, SS wagon, Steel S wagon, compo uf D wagon..well I could
go on.

Regarding the reporting of preservation in Digest, I am afraid the magazine the
magaxzine reads far too much like a propaganda sheet for 3801 Ltd for me too take it
seriously.

Craig