Re: [NSW] North Shore line G-SETs

maikha_l@hotmail.com wrote:

> To all,
>
> I'm considering chasing up a G-SET along the North Shore line
> (practically along the Big Coathanger) but I'm wanting to know what
> services along the line are common to be run by a G?

Just because it is tabled to be a T/G set, it might not always be that.
Besides, the T set might be leading and you wouldn't be too happy about
that :-)

Coathanger or no Coathanger, its only a Tangara...

> or would it usually be the 8:43am from Springwood?

This arrives at Milsons Pt at 08:46. If you stand on the City end of the
platform, you can get a good shot. I used a standard 35mm zoom camera
for the first shot on http://www.ozemail.com.au/~neety/trains/Gsets.html
With you 210mm zoom, you can do MUCH better.

> and also, is there a path or viewing spot right next to the railway
> lines on the harbour bridge where I can get some good shots? I have an
> orange safety vest.

I have a safety vest too - do I get a prize?

Milsons Pt station is the best (and easily accessible) place to go... no
safety vest required :-)

--
Anita Lukaszyk
neety@iprimus.com.au