Re: (QLD) Brisbane Light Rail Plans

John Lambert wrote:

> This person has probably been given a photograph of the 600 metre
> section of double tramway track including points and terminus at
> Belmont.  This is the only remaining section of the BCC tramway system
> that was not buried with asphalt after the system closed in 1969.

The Belmont terminus and the stretch of reserved track leading to it is
still there!?! Fantastic.

It's 1970 since I lived in Brisbane and then, many tracks were still in
place, including even the Toowong and Kalinga lines which closed in
1963, six years before the rest of the system. Basically only the city
centre tracks had been paved over when I departed, though all the wires
were taken down during the year I attended Toowong High.

> Probably thinks that this is all they built and then scrapped the
> remainder.

He knows nothing about Brisbane or anywhere else. He just makes it up.

Hell, if he knew Brisbane now has an extensive electric train system,
he'd be calling for that to be scrapped too, just as over here he
demands that any public transit service be closed.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand

-- God made New Zealand so that Tasmanians have something to laugh at.