Re: State courts rail groups

"Taliesin Walker" <taliesin@chariot.net.au> wrote in message
3a3f59b6.1327806@news.chariot.net.au">news:3a3f59b6.1327806@news.chariot.net.au...
> On Mon, 18 Dec 2000 22:47:25 GMT, dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David
> Bromage) wrote:
>
> >The Victorian Government has held private talks with more than 100 of
> >Australia's top bankers, fund managers, engineers, lawyers and unionists
> >to accelerate plans for a fast rail network to regional Victoria.
> >
> >http://www.theage.com.au/news/2000/12/19/FFXXLHE0VGC.html
> >
> Does anyone think this airport rail line in Melbourne will get off the
> ground.

Depends whether you mean it will be partly elevated such as the Brisbane
airport line, or will it eventuate?  The first scenario, could well be, the
second quite possibly, as Melbourne will not want Sydney or Brisbane to
outdo them given interstate rivalries.  The question would be when it will
happen, personally I'd take a punt and say there's a 10% chance it would be
constructed in the next 5 years, 50% in the next 15 years, 70% in the next
30 years.

> How far is the airport from the city? Is it further than Sydney?

Much further out, probably twice the distance.

regards

David Bennetts