Re: [Vic] Opposition wants free Christmas transport and more City Circle trams

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000 01:55:18 GMT, "Daniel Bowen"
<dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote:

>http://www.heraldsun.com.au/common/story_page/0,4511,1528828%255E2862,00.htm
For once people from Adelaide can feel a little better. We're going to
have free public transport after midnight New Year's Day. There
normally wouldn't be any PT at all!

>"Transport Minister Peter Batchelor said the old city circle trams would be
>re-introduced as early as April next year but would operate at a reduced
>speed. He said repairs to the rest of the W-class fleet could be completed
>by June."
>
>Reduced speed?! City Circle at reduced speed?! Can you imagine such a thing!
>They were at a snail's pace already!

Walk?

Tali