Re: [melb] burning sleepers at North Melbourne

<pshute@melbpc.org.au> wrote in message
ui0p3tcat3rgmi6t0m6rvbqha8fu9c8hb3@4ax.com">news:ui0p3tcat3rgmi6t0m6rvbqha8fu9c8hb3@4ax.com...

> What causes these fires? Cigarettes or something hot dropping off a
> train?  It seems to happen regularly, and I expect that sleepers are
> not cheap to replace, so why doesn't anyone seem to care if there is
> smoke billowing up from the tracks?

As a Staion Officer, I put sleeper fires out (usually with the kettle... or
anything else that will carry water). The problem is that we have to know
about them before we can put them out. That means they have to be near the
office, or a passenger or driver has to tell us first...

--
Sam Eades
seades@bigpond.net.au