Re: [Melb] Swanston Trams timetables - Oops

"Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
Ouk_5.133670$DG3.2621854@news2.giganews.com">news:Ouk_5.133670$DG3.2621854@news2.giganews.com...
> "Sam Eades" <seades@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> L%j_5.18626$xW4.149236@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:L%j_5.18626$xW4.149236@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > As previously mentioned, there is an 'e' missing in the Glen Waverly
(sic)
> > train timetable, but they seem to have made up for it in the Hurstbridge
> > Timetable (Flinders Streeet).
> > Also, the Hurstbridge timetable has one Down train printed twice in the
> > morning peak.
>
> Perhaps this train is the last one that runs as a six-car train, so they
> printed it twice (as there are two three-car sets running! I never
> understood this peculiar Melbourne thing to run half trains between the
> peaks. Why not run full trains - six cars - and be done with it?)

On the lines through Richmond, they leave them as six cars.

They chop them up on most weekends though, which leaves a lack of seats,
particularly on Saturdays. A real pain.

Daniel

--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia