Re: Christmas Trackwork - Cityrail

Hi all - since posting this I have found out that there will be a
partial closedown on the short north between Morrisset and Newcastle.
Weekdays, a limited train service as well as buses, weekends, no
trains but buses. There is a notice in Fridays Newcastle Herald
listing the trains that will be replaced by buses.

Regards,
John

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000 07:06:35 +1100, "Gnome 412" <gnome412@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Dave Proctor wrote in message
><0HFZ5.78180$IP1.2661154@news1.giganews.com>...
>><cityrail@my-deja.com> wrote in message 91783o$4u$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:91783o$4u$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
>>> try http://www.cityrail.nsw.gov.au/nye2000.htm it was only uploaded
>>> 13.12.2000
>>
>>That gives NYE arrangements- but says nothing about closures over the
>>season. And given that closures lasting 3 or 4 weeks have been regular
>>features of January for the last few years, it is a valid question.
>>
>>Dave
>

>The timetable for Tue Dec 26 - Sat Dec 30 is a weekend timetable with no
>trains
>*    Lidcombe - Regent's Park - Cabramatta
>*    Regent's Park - Bankstown
>*    Sefton Park Jctn - Chullora Jctn
>
>While it's a "weekend" timetable, trains are generally 6 or 8 cars and there
>are some extras on the  Newcastle line.
>
>Rgds

(please remove RUBARB to be able to reply)