Re: Australian railway songs

On Fri, 8 Dec 2000 21:05:47 +1100, "gm4201" <gm4201@nospambigpond.com>
wrote:

>I just got the album out and found it is called "The Flying Circus 'Steam
>Trains & Country Days' (an anthology)" and it has a third song about trains
>called "The Last Train". In  the sleeve notes "Kempsey Mail" is described as
>"another of Jim's majestic train songs" (Jim is Jim Wynne). The notes also
>say that the band's fourth train song "Train Ride" could not be included
>because of contractual barriers.

>From what I remember, "Flying Circus" had at least one rail fan at the
time - James Wynne. I believe he wrote "3667"  on the "Prepared In
Peace" Album of 1970. Flying Circus's first album (which featured
"Hayride" and "La La" also included a couple of railway-related songs;
"The Last Train" and "Twilight Journey". This album came out in 1969.

The group went over to Canada in 1971 and I haven't heard much about
them since.

Les Brown