Re: WA fast rail and Perth airport relocation

"Brian" <brm@global.net.au> wrote in message
976639044.983007@pluto.global.net.au">news:976639044.983007@pluto.global.net.au...

> Yes and Railway lines - The councils should be sued - CBH Kwinana has been
> there for 30 years and now we are being hassled about noise at night. SCT
> was stopped from building it's terminal at Canning Vale on land that was
> railway siding land and had been for 30 - 40 years. Because these halfwits
> had built with their back fences on the railway reserve and then
complained
> about the noise to be created by a railway that was already there and had
> been for 30 years - before most of the clowns were born!!!!!!.
>
> Brian

It happens everywhere.
The suburb of Cordeaux Heights in Wollongong was built on farming land and
paddocks which are near the BHP line to Kemira (and previously to Mount
Kembla). Then the new residents start complaining about the noise of the
coal trains. The alternative is to run trucks direct from the mines to Port
Kembla via Mount Ousley but the Cordeaux Heights residents don't care
because the trucks won't be going near their houses.
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton