Re: Alstom would "jump" at tram proposal

----------
In article <01c06404$391fb540$808417d2@rodsmith>, "Roderick Smith"
<rodsmith@werple.net.au> wrote:

>A classical cynical approach to dazzle the locals while the current
>overseas purchase goes through without protest, then quietly forgotten.

Some Alstom people get to spend time in Ballarat at the citys expense, see
if they can screw huge and unreasonable business concessions out of the city
then when they don't, which they probably don't expect to, nick off knowing
that they placed their order overseas before coming to Ballarat anyway.

One of the best tangents I heard some time ago was the talk to electrify
Ballarat North to Sulky loop for the purpose of testing electric trains
being overhauled at the workshops there. I guess Alstom could continue the
logic and have one of the Ararat lines gauge converted and electrified to
test their trams!!

Stuart Thyer
Photographer
University of Melbourne