Re: Another study 'will scuttle fast train'

It would be a lot easier just to extend the outer tracks on the East
Hills line all the way to Revesby/Panania/East Hills, then tunnel north
to Bankstown Airport.  It wouldn't be hard for the new lines to be
built with high speed operations in mind and the intended traffic on
these lines (Southern Highlands Railmotors, the TGV (?), Express
Suburbans) shouldn't be much of a hindrance to the speed of the yo-yos.

MrPC
ICQ 58337073

In article <LAeZ5.15$Qu5.772@news0.optus.net.au>,
  dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:
> I think Bankstown will happen anyway. The improvement will have to be
more
> than token if it is to handle regional traffic without a huge uproar
from
> regional voters. It will need a fast (130-160km/h) rail link to KSA
and
> Central.
>
> How easy would it be to built a line from Turella towards Bankstown
and
> extend the yo-yos? Hopefully this would provide the necessary
incentive
> for dedicated airport express trains, e.g. Heathrow Express and
Gatwick
> Express.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.