And the guard on the 1655hrs ex Central Fri 8/12/2000 .......

My wife was travelling on this train on Friday, in the last carriage.
Despite the time (peak hours?) the upstairs of rear car was empty
except for one other passenger.

About Sydenham, a number of youths boarded, and began making noise in
the rear vestibule, behind my wife. Noises such as "Do it now, go on"
.. "Missed" ... "Try again"  {CRASH} {BANG}.

When she turned around, they were having a "throw the seat out/through
the window" competition.

Quite unnerving, so she left the carriage at the next station and
moved to another car further along. There was no time to alert the
guard (doors open .. swoosh.. ding .. doors closed), AND she suspected
the youths had seen her see them, and were watching out of ther
carriage, anyway.

When the train arrived at Hurstville, she went to the guard's
compartment and mentioned what she had seen. At the same time, as he
train terminated there, all the passengers were alighting, including
the youths, altho they were still hanging in and around the open
doorway to the rear car.

So, what does Mr Dickhead guard do : while my wife was still speaking
to him, giving a little bit more explanation of what she'd seen the
youths doing, he gets on the train PA : "You boys throwing seats in
the rear carriage, you've been reported so be careful".

Needless to say, my wife was continually looking over her shoulder
unrtil she was well and truly away from the station.

steam3801
A computer used to take up a whole building
 - now they just take up your whole life