Re: Quick quiz: Name that locomotive!

In article <3A348E81.5D1A2C2D@ozemail.com.au>,
  trainman@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> 79
>
> --

Good try, but not what we are looking for.
The 79 class type had a varied career with many different operators
spanning half a century, but you won't find them still operating in
four different states on various gauges.  A recent photo I saw of the
Christmas Island pair showed them overgrown and rusting, and I think
there are only two others still around, preserved in Adelaide and at
Thirlmere.  Also, the 79 class did feature in Oberg's book; our subject
did not.

Actually Mr Johnson, given that you work on Cityrail, it is not
inconceivable that you could come across one of these locos from time
to time. Depends how far west you travel.

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.