Re: [SA] Renmark

> >An oddity maybe, but certainly not unique.  Without any reference
> >material at hand, I would suggest that there were combined rail/road
> >bridges at Renmark, Echuca and Tocumwal (probably Robinvale too -
> >can't remember).  There are rail-only bridges at Murray Bridge,
> >Yarrawonga and Albury/Wodonga, so the score (on Murray River bridges) is
> >about even.

Well Echuca bridge had a new railway one built (road still using the old
one, but that is up for replacement too now), and Tocumwal got a new
road bridge (rail still using the old one), unlike Renmark trains still
cross the Murray at Echuca and Tocumwal almost daily.

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news