Overland Versus V/line

RACE 1.

This afternoon when my train(Adelaide-Melbourne Overland) left Horsham
station. V/line's Daylink(Adelaide-Melbourne via Bendigo) bus also
departed at the same time. The highway happens to be beside interstate
railway line.

We parallel ran for a few minutes, the bus driver accelerated and over
took us. Our loco BL27 slowly gather up speed and took over the bus
slowly. The bus driver saw they lost and quickly accelerated but they
simply can't beat 3300hp+ 115kph. We quickly over took the bus again:-)

The Daylink bus was VERY FULL despite slower running time, a change
involved. Such well patronage may have something to do with Daylink
simply pick up at stations no longer serve by Overland. (Tailem Bend,
Nhill etc)

RACE 2.

While we left North Shore Geelong, 1828 Geelong-Spencer Street train
hauled by N459 quickly over took us(1828 service not stop at North
Shore). But we over took them at Corio. Just befor Lara, BL27 slowed
down a bit and "FFFFWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAA!" N459 horned from behind but
didn't quite over take Overland as well accelerate again.

Apporaching 39 KM post(Manor Loop?) we stopped for Toll train to pass.
N459 zooommmm through from behind ended the chase(1838 service would
actually get to Spencer Street 40 minutes ahead of Overland).

Race 3

Following service, Vline empty carriage transfer hauled by N469 also
over took us at 39km post 3 minutes following N459, but after we met
Toll train, gather up speed, we met it at Laverton, around Altona we
slowed down and N469 quickly over took and disappeared without a
trace.

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin