Re: CityRail - nothing else quite like it

Albert Alcoceba <alberta@zip.com.au> wrote in message
3a28c45d.559576@news.syd.ihug.com.au">news:3a28c45d.559576@news.syd.ihug.com.au...
> On Tue, 7 Nov 2000 22:31:38 +1100, "Alex Pout"
> <alpout@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> >Like I was explaining to someone the other day, Queensland is about the
only
> >state where a lot of things are unified.  For example, Victoria has the
> >MFESB and CFA as firefighting agencies, NSW has NSWFB and RFS, QLD only has
> >QLD Fire and Rescue Authority.  Victoria has Connex, Bayside, V Line and
all
> >the others, NSW has Cityrail and Countrylink, and Freightcorp, QLD only has
> >QR.  Must make life a bit easier for them.
>
> They have CityTrain and TravelTrain :)

Yeah, but still marketed under the QR banner, look at the logos on all their
engines and trains.  NSW has the Freightcorp, RSA, RAC, Cityrail/SRA and
Countrylink.  See what I mean?