Re: Australian railway songs

Hi there,
Jimmy McFarlane wrote and recorded a song called "The Camden Train" -
this song was also recorded by Buddy Williams - have played both
versions on my radio show.

Johnny Ashcroft in addition to 'Jolly Greeen Giant' did a song calle
"I dreamed I Was A Railroad Man' that mentions such trains as Silver
City Comet, Sunlander, Tea and Sugar Train. On this same album there
is a soundtrack of 6032 on Hawkmount recorded 0330 Dec 16th 1967.

Country artists Rob Breese and Doug Rowe have also recorded a song
called Kempsy Mail.

John Broomhall has recorded a song call 'Silver City Comet'

Buddy Williams recorded one called "Wingie the Railway Cop'.

I may come up with some others as well not forgetting Toorak Tram by
Bernard Bolan.

John

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000 00:43:09 -0800, "Lindsay Hope"
<enpolmon@chariot.net.au> wrote:

>The Abalinga mail sung by Slim.

(please remove RUBARB to be able to reply)