Re: Reducing fare evasion

In article <9002683D1ogo1mynxwowaustcom@203.109.250.24>,
  quentisl@leaves.qjc.cjb.net (OgO) wrote:
> Hi everyone,
G'day

> While sitting on a train with nothing better to do,

I'll ask Erik to do a survey on what to do when you feel bored on a
train :-)

> I put my mind to the
> problem of fair evasion, and how to stop it.

Extra station staffs/connies. One of the best and <friendly> way.

> The idea I had, which I like most is frequent traveller points, which
> would work in much the same way as frequent flyer points.  If there
was
> some sort of decent incentive to collect points, that might encourage
> people to buy tickets.

Or fly buys.

> I also had the idea of rather than buying a paper (cardboard,
whatever -
> throwaway) ticket every time you travel, you have a plastic card
which can
> be recharged with more credits.

Auckland New Zealand have such system . (Yellow card?)

> The bonus for commuters is that the more you use it, you get charged
the
> best price - encouragement to use it more.

How about extend the bonous to long distance trains? say if you travel
on the XPT/ VLP service or GSR trains or book for QR/Westrail trains,
you can get extra points.

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin