Re: Australian railway songs

I well remember the final run of the Snora.  On departure from Sydney Central,
an instrumental electric guitar tune announced as 'Southern Aurora' was played
over the PA as the train pulled out.  I thought it was by 'The Shadows', or at
least it sounded like them.  Is this the Joy Boys tune or is it a Shadows
original?  Whatever - it was a great send-off for the old girl.