Re: [Melb] Connex train goes round and round...

No, Bayside uses platforms 2 (Caulfield) and 3 (Northern). Connex uses 1
(Clifton Hill/ex-Circle) and 4 (Burnley). So they each have one upper and
one lower tunnel.

As for "owning", I think that's another matter altogether.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au

"Peter Homann" <phomann@optushome.com.au> wrote in message
3A2B91E0.709B019F@optushome.com.au">news:3A2B91E0.709B019F@optushome.com.au...
> Not if you believe the "Bayside Trains" sign on at least Parliament
station.
> AFAIK, Bayside use the upper level and Hillside...err..Connex the lower
level.
> Who "owns" the loop is best left to someone else...(do Bayside and Connex
know?).

> Cheers.
>
> Chris Brownbill wrote:
>
> > Never thought of this before, but with the split up of MET trains into
two
> > companies, even though no services are normally operated on it does
Connex now
> > have custodianship of the City Circle line?  I presume they do by virtue
of it
> > being associated with the Clifton Hill loop.
> >
> > Daniel Bowen wrote:
> > >
> > > Seemed like they were running a refurbished 6-car Connex train around
the
> > > City Circle today - I saw it go past Flinders Street heading west,
around
> > > 14:15 and 14:34. Don't know if it went past between those times; I was
in a
> > > meeting in a building opposite and was meant to be paying attention!
Only