Re: US Mass Transit Study

In article <3a287b45.762738@news.chariot.net.au>,
Taliesin Walker <taliesin@chariot.net.au> wrote:
>On Sat, 2 Dec 2000 13:47:30 +1100, "Ted Gay" <tedgay@bigpond.com>
>wrote:
>
>>From    misc.transport.urban-transit
>>
>>A study released Monday by the American Public Transportation Association
>>reveals that 98% of Americans support the use of mass transit by others.
>>
>>http://www.theonion.com/onion3643/commuters_favor_public.html
>>

>>Ted   ;-)
>>

>Well, that is the USA. I can't see them having much luck with mass
>transit if everyone supports it but no one will ride it!

 I remember once seeing an TV interview of a 'ordinary american' on some show,
'Do you support Mass Transit, and the tax to fund it'. Answer Yes.
'Would you use it ?' No
'Why do you support it then ?' Other people will use it and make the road less
congested for my trip.

 They all hope some one else will leave the car at home and make more spare for
their own car.