Re: Taronga Zoo railway

Chris wrote in message <3a29c701@fl.net.au>...
>Somebody sent me this the other day...
>
>Several years ago I had a weekend at the Coolangatta Village Resort (near
>Shoalhaven Heads, not Qld). In the paddock beside their golf course were
>some bits and pieces of the TZ Rly including the remains of a couple of the
>open passenger wagons and odd wheel sets. They were unmistakably TZR, as I
>have very fond memories of the train and elephant rides.

There is a series of articles in Light Railway News that debates this issue.
Some opinion was that the Coolangatta equipment came from the Adelaide zoo
bit I don' t think there was ever a conclusion reached.

Coolangatta is a place on the south coast of NSW IIRC. There was a ship
built in that area (Don't ask for details) which was named after the area.
It was wrecked on the beach on the north side of the Tweed River. Like the
Malabar, Collaroyand many other ships it gave its name to its final end.

Barry Campbell