Re: Popularity of train travel

NR and other freight operators could also consider a trial of car
carriers on superfreighters..

It wouldn't kill them (esp since they'd be tacked onto the back of an
existing service), and it may catch on..  You could put your car on the
back of a Syd-Melb Superfreighter one day, get on a plane the next
morning (or take the XPT) and have your car waiting for you at Dynon.

Any thoughts? (ie probable costs)

MrPC
ICQ 58337073

In article <3a271a2e.2278790@news.chariot.net.au>,
  taliesin@chariot.net.au (Taliesin Walker) wrote:
> In my opinion GSR should think of carrying cars on the back of their
> trains as the greatest competitive advantage they have over airlines
> and busses. People like to take their cars with them interstate as it
> is very useful to have a car to get around in while on holiday, but
> some people don't particularly like long distance driving (espeically
> with petrol prices the way they are). GSR should promote this survice
> and possible offer more car places on the IP and OL at lower cost.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.