Re: Auzzie.rail catching up.

Maikha

<maikha_l@hotmail.com> wrote in message 9080ip$toh$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:9080ip$toh$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
| To all.
|
| I have devised a certain schedule for my train chasing, but this
| difficult procedure has a catch!
| My plan was start at Penrith then go to the following:
|
| -Katoomba then
| -Central
| -Hawksburry river
| -(Changed it) Otford then
| -back to Penrith.
|
| I have decided to chage a few things.
|
| I wanted Otford so I can be just 'outside' the Surburban Network for my
| train spotting.
| It is to my discovery that the next service arrivng at Otford going
| back to Central (5:17pm arr.) will get to Central at 6:17pm which I'm
| sure for some of us seems fairly late)
|
| The services are the following:
| Penrith: 7:20am or 7:42am Service to Katoomba
| Katoomba: some service I can't seem to recall getting to Central at
| 10:24am.
|
| Do a bit of spotting there before either getting onto the 11am service
| (Central Coast Service) or the 11:47am Service to the River.
|
| At Hawksburry River catch the 1:41pm service to Central, arriving there
| at 2:40pm
|
| It is there that arrangements to go down south is too complicated so
| I'll unfortunately have to sacrafise the South Coast Line for my day.
|
| At Central I'll do a fair bit of 'peak-hour' spotting before getting on
| the 4:45pm service back to my home in Penrith.
|
| Does anybody have any comments, suggestions or anything else?
|
| Thanks
| Maikha "V" Ly
| http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689
|
| P.S. I may have to change Hawksburry River to even beyond like Wyong or
| Gosford.
| P.P.S. Anyone here know anything good I can do at Hawksburry River,
| other than stand around for 2hrs? Gosford or Wyong?
| P.P.P.S. Any rail pass on Cityrail that can get me further west and
| north? A pass suggested by someone previously might be too short.
|

| Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
| Before you buy.

Like I said before, it is a lot to do in one day and you want to expand your
area? You are lucky that you like in Sydney and can pick and choose when you
want to go. That plan sounds like one that a time starved Mexican on
holidays would pick. Of course, it is your trip and your photos.

Another thing to keep in mind that if you are after freight trains/V sets
etc is that you can also see them and a lot more in the Metro area.

On cost, you have to do the maths. It may be cheaper to buy the tickets to a
strict plan but having something like a day rover (hell, get a student/child
purple travelpass and do it over a week!) can be a lot easier, especially if
you are like me and think "that place looks interesting, I'll get off! If
you want to go somewhere outside the metro area and have a purple
travelpass/day rover, you can get an extension ticket for the non metro bit
(eg if you are going to the River, the suburban ticketing boundary is
Cowan - assuming you have the Rover or the Purple Travelpass - so all you
need is a return ticket Cowan-River).

Food for thought

Eric

Email: erkV69@erk.au.com (remove the V69)

"We earn $3 per hour. Where do you
want me to live? The Hilton?" - Pauly, Pizza.(SBS-TV)