Re: Struggling airport line lands in receivership

"David Bromage" <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in message
> The $900 million airport rail line has plunged further into crisis with
> the appointment yesterday of accounting firm KPMG as receiver-managers of
> the owner, Airport Link Corporation.
>
> http://www.smh.com.au/news/0012/01/national/national1.html

"The Minister for Transport, Mr Scully, reacted to the move by criticising
State Rail, the Sydney Airports Corporation and the airlines for not working
closely enough with the operators of the airport rail link.

There could have been "a greater degree of recognition on the part of State
Rail that the airport line is as much a part of the rail network as
elsewhere," Mr Scully said. "I think the Sydney Airports Corporation and some
of the airline companies could have done a lot more to promote the airport
line and its use, and I think the airport line company itself could have done
more."

Mr Scully raised the prospect of the line being sold to whoever buys Sydney
Airport when it is privatised by the Federal Government."

Is he a dickhead or what? Here he has a chance to remove a toll, get thousands
of cars off the roads, (drivers who are probably whinging about the broken M5
toll promise) and he wants it to remain private.

Didn't Labor complain about it being private when they were in opposition?