Re: Siege Mentality? (was Re: RTM 19th Century Treasures)

Eben Levy wrote...

> Yes, how can calling for fund of $25 000 for a TANK help the preservation
of
> the museum pieces, money better spent elsewhere I believe.

It will help the interpretation of the rolling stock to be displayed with an
appropriate load. The money was not available to be spent elsewhere. It was
put in specifically for the tank. Much of it came from people who do not
usually contribute, and even from outside the membership. The tank we bought
has quite a history. There were a lot of military buffs who were keen to see
it go to a museum group, even if it was not a military museum.

Trevor