Re: The train makes a strong case for the car

 > > I dont like the ghostly feeling off the unloved
> > deserted stations though. A few stations on the western side of
Melbourne in
> > particular.
>
> Me Too again, for the stations on the Doomben line.

I remember one afternoon after work (when I was living in Brisbane), when i
did a spot of exploring on the Pinkenba line.
This was the days when SX sets ran to Pinkenba during peak, and 2000 class
RM's off-peak.  It was a dreary overcast day, which seemed to suit the
industrial area i was in.  Bunour station sticks in my mind.  A grimy strip
of concrete, with only the
"ou" in the station name still attached.....

> Ah! I was brooding about this the other day. When I first moved to
> Brisbane I loved the way that backyards opened up on to the right of
> way. Sometimes there'd be a fence with a wee gate, sometimes not. People
> would have neat fruit and vege gardens there, complete with a stand of
> banana trees. Sometimes there'd be prize rosebushes, marrows and so on
> as well. People would mow right up to the right-of-way!
>
> Now, of course, we have miles of anti-noise panels covered with grafiti,
> barbed wire fences with thick mesh, and huge concrete culverts covered
> in grafiti.

Not all of them.   I have great respect for whoever it is just north of
Eagle Junction (eastern side of line, just past the overpass), who has
obviously refused to have the anti-noise panels put up.  I can't help but
wonder if his relations with the neighbours have suffered as a result :-)

--
John McCandless
<insert new sig here>