Re: Train jeopardy: 13 sniper attacks

Why don't I find this suprising?

I suppose it is hard for security people on the trains to deal with
trackside snipers without very high tech military gear (night vision
glasses) and plenty of troops lining the track to pounce on them and
even harder for those at stations.

The Germans has these problems with the French resistance sniping and
blowing up tracks during WWII and never had enough troops came up with
an effective solution, so a taskforce is likely to be little better.

What do readers of this group feel that a taskforce would come up with
apart from danger money and flak vests for rail staff?

Simon B