[Vic] Webb Dock railway line

 I took a drive along Webb Dock this evening. Noticed
70% of the rail alignment/formation still pertty much
in place. The Spencer Street end however due to
Dockland developments and Colonial stadium, most of
the alignments were gone. Between Dockland and
Citylink bridge along  Lorimer Street the ballast
still in place. Somewhat resemble Maribyrnong siding.
Does GM Holden ever had railway access to its plant at
Fishermen Bend?

After Citylink bridge till the present terminal(just
outside Webbdock) rail track pertty much still in
place along with level crossing signals etc.
I can imaging during any weekdays this place would be
fill with trucks.

What ever happened to the study for reopen Webb Dock
railway line? Last time I heard the estimated cost would be around 50m$.

I also took a visit to Mobil Yarraville -Spotswood
branch this morning. All of the track were lifted but
you can still pretty much see the formation along the
Douglas Parade and an old bridge just underneath
Westgate Bridge.  Would FA presuade any of the oli
company to return to rail?

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin