Re: Tramway nostalgia - Melbourne Age article

No, I waited for those trams outside parliament house, and it was only 1,2
and 3 that ran the politicians back from the Preston Workshops to parliament
house. Leyland national bus 800 took them to the workshops. I have all the
action at the Parliament House end on analogue (super 8) movies. Scrubber No
8 was sent ahead to clean the track.

1041 was banished from that day, and only made a couple of other appearances
in Melbourne.

No. 5 made its appearance at a later date, running a shuttle service from
Flinders & Market Street to  Simpson Street Siding, East Melbourne, with
Swedish flags flying from the roof,

Cheers
John Wayman