Re: NSW (OT) People note Daylight Saving!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Erk" <erk@erk.au.com> wrote in message 39A5180B.5CFC8B37@erk.au.com">news:39A5180B.5CFC8B37@erk.au.com...

> It is worse if you are actually on it ex Sydney on
NT1................trust
> me, it is no fun. Under the old timetable, arrival at Roma Street was
0500.

It is not a problem if you are on the train, as you still arrive the same
amount of time after you leave your origin, so there is no difference there,
except.....

> Try and find something open then!

Yes, that is a problem, even at the best of times (we are talking about
Brisbane, after all).

<HERE WE GO AGAIN>
It would be better to swap the Brisbane and Murwillumbah runs around, so
that it was a day train to Brisbane, returning overnight, and a night train
to Murwillumbah, returning as a day train. You would lose the ability to
travel from BNE to SYD, since the buses would leave very very early, but
most people prefer the direct train anyway, and an evening departure would
no be as unattractive as a daylight departure during daylight saving.

It would also mean that the departure from Sydney could be put back a few
hours, which could assist with getting out of Sydney unscathed, since it
would be after the peak.
</HERE WE GO AGAIN>

Dave