Re: Future of Queensland Rail looks bleak, says Beattie

> Well I for one cannot see the sense in that. QR was banned from
bidding for
> VLF. Kennett was quoted as saying "I will not have revenue generated
in
> Victoria going to another state".

It happens now, NSW gets all it's Federal taxes back in grants,
projects, etc, of the Victorian share of Federal revenue, we only get
about 60% or so back. The rest of it goes to QLD. I guess he didn't want
a repeat. Or maybe he felt insulted the banana benders were buying
Victorian railways with Victorian taxation revenue...8^)

> Well done Jeff. Now it goes offshore.

I agree, this is even sillier. Parochialism rides again...

--
Michael Walker
Email: wk@cgsc.vic.edu.au

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/