Re: [NSW] Near fatality at Parramatta

Anita Lukaszyk <neety@ozemail.com.au> wrote in article
<8o0iq8$d3v$1@nnrp1.deja.com>:

>Parramatta, about an hour and a half ago... Platform 3 (I think it was a
>Y-Link service). Some moron Junkie decided that he wanted to stand right
>on the edge of the platform when a train was about to stop. He ended up
>hitting the Guard (who was in the first car) and falling down onto the
>tracks. No major injuries, just a gash to his right eye and some leg
>pains.

Of course, it's Cityrail's fault. Just wait until the media get hold of
this one! I can see the headline now "Train Derails Junkie and Causes Chaos
to Train Network" (front page of course). The article will carp on how
Cityrail is a disaster, and how the impact with the guard caused permanent
damage to the Junkie. The article will then recommend that guards stay
inside their trains while moving to prevent further Junkies from being hit

*takes a blue pill*

>Needless to say, things were f*cked up for a while. Y Link services
>stopped, all other Up trains diverted to Platform 1, and the stupid
>female DVA playing announcements for the train on Platform 3 which
>wasn't going anywhere.

MK