Re: [Melb] Connex door windows

Daniel Bowen wrote:

> I notice most of the Connex trains seem to have re-inforcement on door
> windows. Anybody know if this has been effective in preventing vandals
> kicking them out?

Yep, they work very well to a point. The ordinary
looser/thug/vandal/drunk, will try to kick the window out 4 or 5 times,
then, after realising he/she has made a fool of itself, will retire to
their seat to shred it instead. However, if you get a stronger or more
persistant thug, and they manage to pop it out, the train has to be
cancelled as the window frame becomes bent and the temporary insert won't
fit.

Sam