Re: [Melb] Connex door windows

Daniel Bowen <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote in article
<%pno5.8026$Xg.78904@news-server.bigpond.net.au>:

>I notice most of the Connex trains seem to have re-inforcement on door
>windows. Anybody know if this has been effective in preventing vandals
>kicking them out? Bayside doesn't seem to have any.

Bayside do on some sets. The Connex trains have two metal strips about 20cm
long, on the left and right side of the window. Bayside's ones are not as
easy to notice, a black metal strip that goes around the whole window,
effectively replacing the rubber strip completely. I haven't seen it on
more than a handful of sets though.

A report elsewhere states "the drunk made a fool of himself as he attempted
to kick out the reinforced window with no luck" or something similar to
that.

MK