Re: 86s

Russell Norton <russelln@iprimus.com.au> wrote in article
<39a1db59$1@news.iprimus.com.au>:

>> Vodafone seems to work everywhere BUT in towns.

Head more than 150-200km away from a capital city, and that will be proven
wrong (: e.g. in Southern NSW, the phone lost service about 20km out of
Yarrawonga, and never picked anything up again until about 20km before
Narrandera (as happened with many other locations).

>Usually they are pretty good (they had service in Cootamundra before
>Tel$tra or Optu$ did). However, not in Junee.

Wonder if this was part of the big Vodafone marketing campaign (Kramer in
Wagga Wagga, and Kalgoorlie).

>As I stay in Junee a lot, I've been on Vodafone's back for years as to
>when they will put up a base station there. Each time they say "It's on
>our plans, but we don't know when".

Don't travel too far out of Melbourne too often, but I will concede that I
was shocked when I had no coverage in Junee.

>Oh well - Bye bye Vodafone :^)

Agreed. I have been with Telstra GSM for about 6 weeks now, and it's going
great so far. The one main reason I left Vodafone was their lack of service
in many areas where I am increasingly using the phone out in the sticks.
The next major reason was, that I am/was with service provider AAPT,
providing Vodafone services. This would have to be the most un-proactive
company I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I could list reasons
here, but it's a rail group so I don't think I will.

MK