Re: VFT Decision?

I'm a bit worried about these plans to use high tech forms of transport like
the Maglev, Monorails etc.
Either of those two would cost billions of dollars, and most of it would
have to be raised above ground level which would really push up the costs.
You have to wonder about the Government sometimes. I'd rather see Speedrail
go ahead, at least the TGV technology is 20 or more years old and we know it
works.

<HIJACK>
On another note, some company was proposing to build a monorail from
Caloundra to Shorncliffe and to make it operate at speeds up to 300km/h. All
I can say is WHY??? Thank goodness the two local councils (Pine Rivers and
Redcliffe) have some common sense and turned a blind eye to the monorail
plan, in favour of seeing the Petrie - Kippa-ring rail link come to
fruition.
</HIJACK>

ICQ: 51909829

David Bennetts <davibenn@pcug.org.au> wrote in message
39a1bab4@newshost.pcug.org.au">news:39a1bab4@newshost.pcug.org.au...
> Will Cabinet make any decision on the VFT today?  Former Transport
Minister
> Peter Nixon was on ABC radio yesterday evening suggesting that the
Speedrail